Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Great Trip's Final Act

There are some serious perks to traveling via car.  First, I can now own liquids that are greater than 3 fluid ounces.  Hello tub 'o conditioner.

Second, I can now transport groceries from one location to another.  For eight month my poor kids have been forced to "eat what we have" for the last week of any stay.  This means eclectic meals like, a can a kidney beans and some toast with jelly.

It also means that we are, relatively, foot loose and fancy free.  I don't have to buy airline tickets ages in advance.

We can go where the wind takes us...well not really that free.  But just the same the kids are really done with the airport rigamorol.  We have logged enough flight miles to circle the globe 1.5 times in the past 8 months.  We have been on 16 different flights on a dozen different airlines.  My kids are veterans at flying.  And whats more...they still like it.

I hope they feel the same about driving after the estimated 4500 miles we are planing to drive.  We will start here in Orlando (Kissimee actually) where we have been resting and recuperating and doing insane amounts of homeschool.

In one week we head to Charleston.  Let the great road trip begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment