Summer gets a lot of publicity. And I totally get it--sun, freedom, vacations...yep...summer deserves its celebrity status. I love summer. My relationship with the months that end in ber is considerably more complicated. Mostly, what these months have to recommend them is staying warm when it is cold in other places. I don't like them.
But this year is the year I learn to love the ber months. I recently redid my living room with the decorating theme of "is it comfy" If yes...we went with it. The interior designer who helped me wasn't convinced I really thought it through. But I like what we landed on. We have a shag rug that could hide both of my children in it. We have more throw-pillows then were used in every pillow fight ever and we have a sectional that pretty much requires you to lay down.
Oh yeah...and I have more candles than Notre Dame. This room is great. I can pass many a happy ber month here. As I type, Eden has fallen asleep on the rug. The fire is burning its fake logs. The 616 page book I bought to read this month is sitting at my side and I'm thinking...yeah...I can do ber.
But this year is the year I learn to love the ber months. I recently redid my living room with the decorating theme of "is it comfy" If yes...we went with it. The interior designer who helped me wasn't convinced I really thought it through. But I like what we landed on. We have a shag rug that could hide both of my children in it. We have more throw-pillows then were used in every pillow fight ever and we have a sectional that pretty much requires you to lay down.
Oh yeah...and I have more candles than Notre Dame. This room is great. I can pass many a happy ber month here. As I type, Eden has fallen asleep on the rug. The fire is burning its fake logs. The 616 page book I bought to read this month is sitting at my side and I'm thinking...yeah...I can do ber.
No comments:
Post a Comment