Pages

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Pants most Fancy

Jared and I tried to sneak into a “first class” lounge once.  We were on our way home from India and smelled and looked like two college students coming home from India.  But the glittering gate and promise of food beckoned and we convinced ourselves that if we just acted like we belonged there we could go in.  We didn’t make it past the front desk.  

But I’ve always kind of wondered what they were like.  So when my credit card offered me a free pass to all of the premier lounges in the world.  I was like “well…if you insist”. 

You guys.

You freek’n guys.

This is amazing.  Not only do I have a huge spread of food that is FREE but I also have three airport employees who really want to help me.  Like with everything.  Wondering where your gate is?  They’ve got it.  Want to be told when you should leave the lounge because they have started boarding?  Oh yeah.  They can do that.  

Oh and showers.  Do you know how good it feels to go have a shower after a long flight?  Well you would if you were in the first class lounges.  I’ve taken a shower in LAX and in Gauzhou.  I’m not going to say I’m fresh as any daisy.  But I am considerably less offensive than I would be after two days in airports.  And the showers.  Oh they are clean and lovely decorated and they give you all of the liquids and lotions you could possibly want.  


I’m sitting in one right now.  I just had a lovely shower and brushed my teath after 14 hours of flying.  I have a pear and a lovely tomato sandwich that is cut into a cute shape.  I’m sitting in a chair so soft that I really could sleep here.  But I won’t…because I’m not gauche (actually I am).  And because there are three different lounge employees who keep wandering in to see if they can do anything for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment