Eden made me a mothers day card. Clearly at the prompting of a Sunday school teacher she had wrapped flowers onto a pen and made a card that said "Something my mom has taught me is_____" and in that blank she wrote "to smile"
To be fair, I have taught Eden a great many things. I taught her how to read. I taught her how to use the potty and I have even sort of taught her how to make brownies from a mix. But Eden came smiling.
So why does it make my heart dance to think that Eden thinks that I taught her to smile. The little note lets me know I'm not doing to bad a job. In fact I'm succeeding in something that is so important I feel like I can get a fail in a lot of other areas.
I want my kids to know how to smile. Years from now when I am dead and my grandkids are dead I want my great grandkids kids to know how to smile.
To be fair, I have taught Eden a great many things. I taught her how to read. I taught her how to use the potty and I have even sort of taught her how to make brownies from a mix. But Eden came smiling.
So why does it make my heart dance to think that Eden thinks that I taught her to smile. The little note lets me know I'm not doing to bad a job. In fact I'm succeeding in something that is so important I feel like I can get a fail in a lot of other areas.
I want my kids to know how to smile. Years from now when I am dead and my grandkids are dead I want my great grandkids kids to know how to smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment