Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

What to wear? What to wear?

 I started packing up everything today for our Friday departure.  It seems at every stop I drop off more things.  I'm down to four outfits now--swim suit, dress, skirt with shirt and yoga pants.  You can likely tell from all of my pictures that my favorite is the dress.  It is a title nine dress and built like a tank.  If that tank were super cute.  I think four outfits is just about right.

I have enough cloths to keep from smelling.  But I never think about clothes.  There isn't really a question of what to wear in the morning.  It worries people when I tell them how few clothes I have.  I'm almost universally offered hand-me-downs or asked if we are doing okay.  People are sweet like that.  I usually tell them that I fit all of our clothing and toiletries in one carry on so I'm limited in space.

But the truth is I like having just a few clothes.  It is like this section of my brain that was busy buying and maintaining clothing can do other things. Writing this blog is honestly the most I have thought about my clothes in four months.

 Once every week I put on my swim suit and take every article of clothing we have down to the washer.  It all fits in one load with room to spare.  The kids have more clothing than I do because they are kids.  They get dirty more often than I do.  Some of the kids cloths are beginning to wear out.  And my favorite dress has a few bleach spots on it. I will likely need to swap it out for another title nine dress shortly.
The Dress

The skirt shirt combo

1 comment:

  1. I love this post - in fact this is the second time I've read it, after searching for it to read to John. Your posts make me question the sneaky beliefs that have crept into my life, about clothes and things.

    ReplyDelete