Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Running Here

Running here means running with stars.  If you try running while our favorite star is up you will shortly wish you had never been born.  You will be covered in sweat layered with dead bugs and even more sweat.  So instead you wake up early, close the door quietly behind your sleeping kids and go running with no light but the stars.  And more stars then you ever dreamed possible.  The milky way is really milky.  Give up any hope of finding the constellations...there are too many camouflage stars. It makes me a little dizzy to look up at the sky.  But that isn't half of the show.  After a while the stars start to fade out and the sun starts to rise.  I know I had better be about 1 mile from home by the time the horizon starts to get light.  This means I'm usually just down the road by my house looking over the dark sea with my shoes making crunching noises on the aa lava rock. and then this happens.   








No comments:

Post a Comment