Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Legoland

My kids got to choose what theme park we went to.  Disney didn't even make it into the conversation.  Sea World wasn't even considered.  Legos are Sam's greatest passion.  He had one back pack to fill with toys for the trip.  Every corner was stuffed with legos.  If you give him the name of a lego set he can tell you the price and when we arrived he set up his mini-figures before he unpacked his swimsuit.  Eden follows suit as most younger siblings do.  I remember swearing to my older sister that I loved Nancy Drew, even though I never made it past the description of her hair.

So coming up to the entrance of lego land both kids exploded in paroxysms of joy. Watching my kids have fun is among my favorite things to do.  So suddenly the ticket price seemed worth it.

The rides were so sweet.  Clearly everything had been made for little kids--nothing was too scary or too fast.  Sam might like legos more but Eden likes legoland more.  It was like one big kiddy land in there.


Then there was the mini-land.  This is where they recreate world cities in lego form.  I gave Sam the camera and got 147 photos before he finished.



So yes, we got the annual pass.  We expect to be regulars here.

We are the diversity.
 At the pool, Eden couldn't talk to her new friend's mom because the only spanish Eden knows is "Yo soy un elephante"  In line at WalMart a nice old guy was telling me about the challenges of speaking English.  I told him about my challenges of speaking Spanish (thank you duolingo).  But the conversation was held in English so I think we know who was doing better with their language studies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment