Remember how I purged all of my junk before we left? The Lorax wept buckets and buckets as I hauled things out of my home I'm not sure I even used. Now, roughly a week away from our departure date I'm feeling a little sheepish again. In full disclosure, here is a list of stuff we bought while in Florida.
Pool Noodle: Bought this my first day here. It was mostly purchased because I still felt guilty about taking kiddos away from friends. So I wanted to come home with something bright and yellow that screamed "we are going to have a great time!!!! (yes, three exclamation points. That is how my kids see a pool noodle)
Goggles: Eden bought these with her own reading money. I bribe my kids to read. I bribe my kids to do math. If I ever run out of money the kids will be stranded at whatever grade level I ran out. I know, poor dears. I just hope that they will be literate enough to someday start their own blog about how my mom messed up.
Water filter: Our water tastes like swamp mud. Everyone else in Florida seems to have clear clean water. I'm not sure why we got a swamp house. One of my constant chores here in Florida is to fill and refill the water pitcher. I like to sing the song from the Jungle Book while I do it "I must go to fetch the water."
Tennis rackets: I feel the best about these purchases. We got them at a second hand store. So it is more like we are renting them. We have a great time at the tennis courts. Sam and I are getting almost better. We are spending less and less of our time chasing the ball. Eden and I like to hit the ball once and then pretend our racket is a guitar.
Hey. That's it. Actually that isn't too shabby. None of this (with the exception of the goggles) is coming home with us. We can't fit anything else into our suit cases. This month has taught me one thing...I really ought not to buy new things. I guarantee I won't wear out anything in the four weeks I will have it. Quality isn't an issue. You are welcome Lorax.
Pool Noodle: Bought this my first day here. It was mostly purchased because I still felt guilty about taking kiddos away from friends. So I wanted to come home with something bright and yellow that screamed "we are going to have a great time!!!! (yes, three exclamation points. That is how my kids see a pool noodle)
Goggles: Eden bought these with her own reading money. I bribe my kids to read. I bribe my kids to do math. If I ever run out of money the kids will be stranded at whatever grade level I ran out. I know, poor dears. I just hope that they will be literate enough to someday start their own blog about how my mom messed up.
Water filter: Our water tastes like swamp mud. Everyone else in Florida seems to have clear clean water. I'm not sure why we got a swamp house. One of my constant chores here in Florida is to fill and refill the water pitcher. I like to sing the song from the Jungle Book while I do it "I must go to fetch the water."
Tennis rackets: I feel the best about these purchases. We got them at a second hand store. So it is more like we are renting them. We have a great time at the tennis courts. Sam and I are getting almost better. We are spending less and less of our time chasing the ball. Eden and I like to hit the ball once and then pretend our racket is a guitar.
Hey. That's it. Actually that isn't too shabby. None of this (with the exception of the goggles) is coming home with us. We can't fit anything else into our suit cases. This month has taught me one thing...I really ought not to buy new things. I guarantee I won't wear out anything in the four weeks I will have it. Quality isn't an issue. You are welcome Lorax.
No comments:
Post a Comment