Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Swimming Pool Big Island Style

Life is so different here on the BI.  Our swimming pool is actually a hot springs that mixes with sea water.  At high tide you can see waves crashing over the sea wall.  It is stunning.  
There is a life guard there...but he just told us "Come back when I'm gone at 4 because I'm not supposed to let you use the pool because the handicapped ramp got broken in the last hurricane"  He did this with an eye roll that made me smile.  So after four (which is when we most often finish school anyway) we pile up our little ford focus and head over to the pool.
Toys Are Allowed
And the rules are fairly loose

Oh yes...all of the toys we can carry are allowed
I love the Big Island!  The surfing sucks, and that bothers me, but this is what I had hoped Hawaii was.  There are bugs in our house and geckos everywhere.  It is hot and sweaty unless the trade winds are out.  There is a volcano that may very well wipe out our nearest town.  But everything is so peaceful, natural and frankly aloha that I finally get Hawaii.  

No comments:

Post a Comment